Jim Sloan arrived in our district from Missouri in 1912 and homesteaded on the S.W. 26-57-5. He built a fair size house and it stood for many years. It was referred to by many in the district as the 'blue house' as it had apparently had a coat of blue paint at one time. Many different families and teachers lived in this house over the years. He was a bachelor when he came but married a widow lady, Mrs. Higbee, while living here. It was about 1920 when they left and went to Camrose.