It was 1912 when Bill Blacker came from Missouri and homesteaded on the N.W. 23-57-5, which is the quarter where Albert Hammond lives now. He lived with his brother Lewis part time and some with his Uncle Eldon. Therefore he had no need to build a house on his own land. He went out to work whenever he could find something to do. His homestead was never proved up as he joined the army in 1914, and never returned to this district.