Ken Forbes came from Washington, in 1913 and settled on the S.E. 21-57-5, later known as the Simpson place. He was a bachelor and stayed with Eldon Blacker some of the time, but finally built a log shack. He cleared about thirty acres of land, and used Blacker's horses to work with. He left in 1914 to go back to Washington, so didn't stay long enough to prove up his land.