Mr. McCrea came to the district in 1908 and homesteaded the N.W. 15-57-5. He later proved up his homestead. Albert Quayle and he took turns going out to work as surveyors, while the other would remain here and work on the homesteads. They had a team of oxen which they used for breaking up the land. About 1917, Mr. McCrea sold his farm to Albert and went to southern Alberta to work as a draftsman in the irrigation projects.