Percy James came here from Australia in 1912. His land was the S.E. 14-57-5, just south of Charlie Bacon's. Mr. James was a bachelor and he built himself a little shack. He cleared about thirty acres of land but did no fencing. Unfortunately, he became very severely stricken with rheumatism and spent a year or more in a Calgary hospital. He never did return to the farm.