Around 1912 or '13 Frank Glatt came from the States and settled in this district. The quarter he homesteaded was N.W. 22-57-5, where he built a small house. He cleared the land using a team of oxen. His brother Arthur lived with him as he had no buildings on his own quarter. Arthur's homestead was the N.E. 22-57-5, where the school was later built and still stands today. The Ferguson Flats community hall is there too, near the same corner. The two brothers stayed here about three years and both left together. Frank went to Three Hills from here.